Social Media has been spreading it’s magic for not only marketers across the globe but almost for more than 72% internet users who are already on some nor the other social networking sites. The number of social media users in urban India reached 78 million by June 2013, a report by IAMAI and IMRB International said. According to Comscore’s recent report 54 million internet users in India watched online videos on their computer, representing a 27-percent increase over the past year.
MOBILE VIDEO MARKETING
Video marketing for Branding, promotions, offers, launches, testimonials would be the preferred segments used by corporate and small and medium businesses. Small villages in India may not have a high speed line but they do have Airtel Re.1 Video on their mobile. In April 2013, Bharti Airtel, the country’s largest telecom operator, started offering video content for just Re 1, making it sound affordable for everybody, especially for mobile users in the rural and semi-urban markets. It was an instant success, helping Airtel not only in increasing data revenue, but also in acquiring new customers. During the June quarter, Airtel got four million new first time mobile internet users, taking its total video store customer base to 12 million, said the company.
Are you there?
Recently I posted a presentation on how to create a YouTube channel. Video will be the most addressed segment on internet and no marketer should keep himself out of it. The future belongs to Video marketing. According to Software Advice,online video is gaining strength as a source for content marketing. Most respondents preferred video over white papers, case studies, even live demos with reps.
Though reading on net has shown some improvement still people want something that is easy to see than taking pain to read longer whitepapers and datasheets. A 3-5 minute video can convey the same in a effective way. Videos are watched by larger audience than you expect. So if you are looking for demographics and age the recent report from Pew Internet will help you. According to the report the percent of online adults who watch or download videos has continued to grow over the past four years, from 69% of adult internet users in 2009 to 78% today. The report also said “That figure includes online adults who do at least one of the following:
- Watch videos on a video-sharing site like YouTube or Vimeo (72% of adult internet users)
- Watch videos online, including on social network sites or using mobile apps (56% of adult internet users)
- Download video files onto a computer or cell phone so they can play them at any time they want (36% of adult internet users)
Among online adults, rates of online video watching are highest among those under age 50, as well as those with higher educational attainment and household incomes.
All three of these mobile activities—watching video, recording video, and posting video online – are more popular among younger cell phone owners and those in higher income households.
- Cell phone owners age 18-29 are more than three times as likely as those age 50-64 to watch videos on their phones (72% v. 22%)
- Cell phone owners age 18-29 are more than twice as likely as those age 50-64 to record videos on their phones (64% v. 23%)
- Cell phone owners age 18-29 are five times as likely as those age 50-64 to use their phones to post videos online (38% v. 7%)”
1. Get your Video to be Mobile Compatible
2. Add humor in your videos, it will help. You can take help of a script writer for this.
4. Your publishing content for your products can be explained in video which might make it more effective
5. Get leads through video by giving an email or links to further engage at the end every video.
Let your camera’s ready and finish that last look in mirror, get going you are about to be seen by the world. Make video a part of your marketing strategy and see the results. Is your company using Video Marketing? What are your results indicating? Do share your ideas and views from your experience.